COVID-19 resources available through NDIRF membership
Published: 3/31/20 (Tue)
To help your local government entity further prepare for the impact of COVID-19, NDIRF’s online training partner Lexipol is offering the following resources at no cost:
COVID-19 microsite: https://coronavirus.lexipol.com
The purpose of the microsite is to help local governments address the unprecedented challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Information on the site can be accessed by individuals and departments whether they are subscribed to Lexipol academies or not.
COVID19: Response to Mitigate Risk topic in LocalGovU
Available through NDIRF’s online training center LocalGovU, this topic provides coronavirus-related courses, policies and videos to help agencies safely operate, effectively respond to calls for service, and navigate during this national emergency. A full list of the specific topic courses is included below. Additional related courses, policies, and procedures including managing personnel sick time, quarantine, and safety precautions are also available via LocalGovU.
Full Length Courses:
- COVID-19 for Local Government Personnel
- COVID-19 for Law Enforcement
- Pandemic Planning – Elements of the Plan
- Pandemic Planning – The Planning Organization
- Influenza (BLS)
- Infectious and Communicable Diseases FEMA Fundamentals of Risk Management
- Emergency Management Plan
- Emergency Management Procedure
- Communicable Diseases
- PPE Use Procedure (Law Enforcement)
- Pandemic Ready (10 min.)
How to Find These Courses in LocalGovU
LocalGovU is the NDIRF’s free online training center that is available to all NDIRF members.
Follow these instructions to find the above listed courses in LocalGovU:
- Visit http://www.ndirf.com/.
- Click on the Training tab, then click on the Sign in For Training button.
- Enter your email address and password to log into LocalGovU. If you’re new to LocalGovU, click on the create new account link to set up your account. It usually takes 24-48 hours to verify your account, allowing you access into LocalGovU.
- Once you’re logged in, scroll down the home page and click on the COVID-19 Response to Mitigate Risk link.
- Select the course you’d like to take from the menu that appears.
The NDIRF remains committed to serving our membership during this difficult time, providing you with related resources and information to help you navigate it as best as possible.
If you have any questions regarding these resources or need assistance accessing LocalGovU, please reach out to me at 701-751-9107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.